Since 2016, Project Pioneer has helped over 100 family grazing business throughout the Great Barrier Reef catchment to safely and profitably transition to regenerative land and business management practices. Producers are empowered to increase and maintain ground cover and improve water quality entering the Great Barrier Reef, all while fostering profitable, resilient production systems and vibrant communities.
Through the program, grazing businesses have embraced education, professional advice and on-farm support to:
- Develop farm management capacity
- Grow property production
- Improve land condition
- Build more profitable and resilient operations.
Opportunities included within Project Pioneer are:
- Funded attendance at a GrazingforProfit™ School and RCS Soil Health Workshops
- One-on-one peer coaching via the RCS Next Steps program
- Annual financial benchmarking and business analysis via RCS ProfitProbe™
- Annual on-farm consultations with RCS advisors
- Involvement in local on-farm producer groups
- Property planning including mapping
- Subscriptions to Maia Grazing automated livestock decision support tool and Farm Map 4D mapping tool.
“Project Pioneer has given us the ability to give our farming business the attention it deserves”
Richard and Adele Acton, Ambleside Droughtmasters, Thangool.
Project Pioneer is funded by the partnership between the Australian Government’s Reef Trust and the Great Barrier Reef Foundation. The project is delivered by RCS with support from WWF, Maia Technology and Farm Map 4D. For further information on Project Pioneer, contact RCS. Phone 1800 356 004 or email email@example.com