Tell the story of great farm stewardship
Natural capital can be defined as the world’s stocks of natural assets including geology, soil, air, water and all living things. When combined, these assets provide the ecosystem services which make human life possible.
At RCS, our decades-long experience in working with farm businesses has shown us that good primary production goes hand-in-hand with good environment, climate and social outcomes. Our vision is to enable opportunities for farmers to be recognised and rewarded for good stewardship of their natural assets.
What is the RCS Farm Portrait™?
The RCS Farm Portrait™ helps farmers measure, verify and share the story of their great stewardship. This powerful tool differs from other stewardship assessments in that along with environmental outcomes, we also measure people, business and production parameters as well. Farmers can choose which assets and values to measure and RCS’s experienced advisors and ecologists will assess and report on the chosen measures. A one-off Farm Portrait provides a snapshot of your farm business, while successive Farm Portraits identify trends of regeneration.
What we can do
As Australia’s leading provider of regenerative agriculture education, training and advice, RCS offers a highly integrated program to build foundational knowledge and skills of farmers across the country. Complementary to this, we provide:
- RCS Farm Portrait™
- Soil health assessments, monitoring and advice
- Pasture assessments, monitoring and advice
- On-farm environmental assessments and planning
- Flora and fauna surveys, waterway and wetlands surveys
- Accounting for Nature® assessments and accounts
- Carbon farming advice
- Queensland Land Restoration Fund project feasibility assessments
- Land management strategies for soil carbon projects
- Advice on emerging markets that recognise and reward good on-farm stewardship
To find out more, contact RCS via the button below.