A life changing experience that deals in depth with every part of your life, production, ecosystem and business.
Join thousands of graduates from across Australia and find the breakthroughs you’ve been looking for to increase profit, improve the health of your land and the relationships in your business, and enhance your satisfaction with your property.
The Farming&GrazingforProfit™ (FGFP) School provides a holistic insight into the many factors that can affect your business. Nothing is treated in isolation.
When you attend the School, it will empower you to:
- Define your goals and direction clearly
- Take control of your time
- Take control over your land
- Take control of your enterprises
- Take control of your business
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in your business
- Develop your drought management plan
- Improve stock health and performance
- Increase rainfall use efficiency
- Strengthen family communications
- Work on the business as well as in it
You will leave with an action plan.
The FGFP School has its roots in the GrazingforProfit™ (GFP) School, developed in Zimbabwe and South Africa over 30 years ago with Dr Stan Parsons, who has since taught it in the USA, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Dr Parsons taught the first Australian GFP School in February 1990 for RCS. Terry McCosker and the RCS Team has since empowered over 5,5oo graduates with the GFP management concepts.
Today, the FGFP School is Australia’s premier business school for the agricultural industry, being the longest running, and most attended management school conducted in rural Australia. It covers everything that affects a family grazing and farming business in one holistic package and has been continuously updated for the last 30 years.
When you walk away from the FGFP School, we guarantee you will never look at land and business the same again.
For a short video on how this school can help you and your business, click here.
- Understand and use key reports and financial indicators to identify your true financial position – what’s working, what’s not, and what you can do about it.
- Develop cashflow planning and budgeting skills.
- Comprehend finance, including how your bank manager thinks, what he looks for and how you can build a better relationship with him.
- Learn from what the leaders are doing.
- Implement the RCS Regenerative Grazing Principles and RCS Regenerative Cropping Principles so your land can be passed on to future generations in better condition.
- Reduce inputs and maximise soil health and production potential through unlocking the power of soil micro-organisms.
- Understand and manage the ecological indicators – soil health, biodiversity, water cycle and energy flow.
- Manage seasonal and climatic variation, and become more resilient to extremes.
- Design your property to maximise utilisation.
- Understand the relationship between economics, animals, farming and grazing.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in your herd/flock and manage to maximise gross margin.
- Design a supplementation program to get more from your stock.
- Use tools such as grazing charts to make big decisions simple.
- Solidify personal and business visions and goals.
- Identify the people assets within your business and allocate roles and responsibilities appropriately.
- Think critically and strategically about your business.
- Conduct effective business/family meetings.
- Build communication, decision making and time management skills to reduce pressure on yourself and your relationships.
- Know and communicate the importance of a succession strategy.
The GFP and FGFP teaching style encourages teamwork, peer interaction, major paradigm shifts and suits the range of learning styles that exist in adult audiences. It is designed and delivered to accommodate young farmers from entry to experienced level. The rationale for this training is to equip participants with the financial, business, production, ecology, land and people management skills that will provide a foundation for subsequent extension and mentoring. These transferable skills will provide the basis for participants to be able to evaluate and implement new practices on-farm.
You will work in groups, specifically chosen to offer a broad range experience, helping you gain a broader knowledge base of the agricultural industry and the possibilities within. Graduates not only benefit from a support network through course, but into the future.
During the school, there is a hands on field trip, where you can see what you’ve learnt in classroom in real life, and ask questions of people who are putting the principles into practice. This reinforces the learning, shows you the proof in the pudding, and puts you into contact with those already having success.
- Second person: $3,300
- Third person: $3,000
We also offer a GFP/FGFP graduate repeat fee of $1750.
RCS currently have Early Bird Savings available. Please contact our office for pricing and dates.
The hotel and accommodation costs are separate and vary from location to location. All morning, afternoon teas and lunches are included in the catering package along with the first and last night School dinners – the catering package is part of the School fee. Breakfasts and evening meals are the responsibility of the participant.
*All prices quoted above are in Australian dollars.
“It is not a problem at all as the School isn’t just about farming. It is a holistic program that also goes into personal development, finance and team building. It helps to have an interest in agriculture, however, the training is delivered within groups so the other members of your group can help you understand the finer points of agriculture. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t nervous before the course but that dissipated on day 1!”
You will have membership access to the RCS vault of online tools, which is constantly updated as our on-ground consultants make new developments and changes.
You will also be eligible to enrol in the RCS Next Steps coaching program.
*Source RCS ProfitProbe™. Not including land appreciation.
RCS currently have Early Bird Savings available. Please contact our office for more information.
Reductions and discounts to the FGFP School are available for participants in the following circumstances:
- If you have more than one person attending the same School from the same family or business.
- GFP/FGFP Graduates repeating the School.
- Current ExecutiveLink™ members.
We’re also pleased to confirm that RCS currently have Early Bird Savings available for all participants, whether you have completed training or consulting with our organisation or not. Please contact our office for more information.
Day 1: Introduction to the course and review of the blue book.
Day 2: Three secrets of Profit, business analysis tools, business control tools, people issues, Visions & Goals.
Day 3: Overcoming constraints, planning tools, analyzing a business, benchmarking, finance and money management.
Day 4: Ecology, Grazing management Systems, Regenerative Grazing Principles.
Day 5: Property Planning, grazing errors and Field Trip.
Day 6: Drought planning, Grazing review and Reproduction.
Day 7: Review, Time management, Working on the business, pulling it all together.
Money-back satisfaction guarantee
We are passionate and committed to empowering you. Attend the Farming&GrazingforProfit™ School in its entirety with an open mind for learning, and we are confident you will receive the tools and knowledge to return home and improve your business and relationships. If, for any reason you don’t believe the FGFP has delivered on our promise we will refund the entire course fee within one month of its completion.