We invite you to join David McLean and James Barnet on Thursday 9th July 2015 at the ‘Leichhardt Station’ Dysart Keep In Touch (KIT) day.
KIT days are an opportunity for you to gather with like-minded people on a property in your region to discuss and learn how to apply the skills from RCS workshops to your land types and production systems.
Thank you to Brian and Judy Pownall for hosting what will be a jam-packed day.
- Managing and moving breeders in the calving season
- Matching stocking rate to carrying capacity as country continues to improve
- How to manage rank, old grass
- Planning mob moves around critical events and minimising loss of production once cattle are in the yard
- Using legumes like Progardes to boost production
Brian, Judy and John Pownall along with Peter Collins work and live on ‘Leichhardt Station’, a 12,000ha grain and cattle property 25 km east of Dysart. They breed and trade cattle, which are managed on a time controlled grazing system while a sharefarmer manages the farming country.
The Pownalls are passionate about improving the profitability of their business in conjunction with improving the biodiversity of their country through the development of waters and fencing.
RCS KIT days are free to attend (BYO chair, lunch and water).
We look forward to seeing you there!