- This event has passed.
RCS Grazing Clinic – Bourke, NSW
March 8 - March 10
The RCS Grazing Clinic is a practical hands-on workshop that develops your skills as a grass manager.
This power-packed two and a half-day clinic will give you the confidence and practical know-how to go home and begin implementing. The RCS Grazing Clinic covers the principles and practices of grazing management, including how to design and manage a grazing cell and how to use grazing charts as a planning and decision-making tool.
The course has a complete focus on implementation. We deal with the “real-life stuff” that actually counts when it comes to getting the most out of your land, livestock and business.
During the RCS Grazing Clinic, our facilitator will cover;
- How to assess rest period and calculate graze period
- How to match stocking rate to carrying capacity
- How to use grazing charts to plan and make confident decisions
- The 6 principles of Regenerative Grazing Management
- Property design, water design and fence planning
- Questions and answers
What to bring
You’ll be shown how to get started with a grazing plan and grazing monitoring using a simple planning spreadsheet on a computer at this clinic.
For that reason, we recommend that you bring your own laptop or tablet with Microsoft Excel installed. This is a recommendation only. It is not essential to have a laptop to be able to participate in this clinic.
Day 1 – Registration at 8:15am for an 8:30am start, finish approx. 5:30pm.
Day 2 – 8:00am start, field trip in afternoon, finish approx. 5:30pm.
Day 3 – 8:00am start, finish before lunch approx. 12:30pm.
Living Skin project participants: No cost (Please contact RCS via firstname.lastname@example.org to access your booking link)
Living Skin project observers: $150 per person (Please contact RCS via email@example.com to access your booking link)
Standard Rate: $1,650pp
The Rangelands Living Skin project is funded through MLA and RCS are proudly partnered with Department of Primary Industries NSW, Local Land Services NSW, Soils For Life, Meat and Livestock Australia, Carbon Link, Select Carbon and Australian National University to deliver this project in the Rangelands of NSW.
The clinic fee covers the course manual and all supplies you’ll need, world-class facilitation by an RCS presenter, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and lifetime access to the RCS tools and templates.
How to register
- To register for the clinic, click the button on this page and follow the prompts.
- If you are not logged into an RCS Global Learning Hub account, you’ll need to log in with your existing account or create one using the Facebook, Gmail or LinkedIn options or your preferred email.
- Then check your existing credit card details or enter a new credit card to secure a place.
- If you are creating an account, you will also be asked for additional details to complete your profile.
- Once you’ve registered, please complete the online preparation materials in the clinic, including the second form that provides your dietary requirements and other essential details.
Clinic registrations work on an individual basis. If you are attending with a group, each attendee will need to register and pay with a unique Global Learning Hub account. If you prefer to pay via group invoice, please contact the RCS office at 1800 356 004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the clinic, please contact RCS using the details below.
Phone: 07 4939 5255