RCS Grazing Clinic – Cowra NSW
September 3 @ 8:15 am - September 5 @ 1:00 pm AEST
The RCS Grazing Clinic is a practical hands-on workshop that develops your skills as a grass manager.
This power-packed two and a half-day clinic will give you the confidence and practical know-how to go home and begin implementing. The RCS Grazing Clinic covers the principles and practices of grazing management including how to design and manage a grazing cell, and how to use grazing charts as a planning and decision-making tool.
The course has a complete focus on implementation. We deal with the “real life stuff” that actually counts when it comes to getting the most out of your land, livestock and business.
During the RCS Grazing Clinic our facilitator, David McLean will cover;
- How to assess rest period and calculate graze period
- How to match stocking rate to carrying capacity
- How to use grazing charts to plan and make confident decisions
- The 6 principles of Regenerative Grazing Management
- Property design, water design and fence planning
- Questions and answers
What to bring
At this clinic you’ll start working on your own grazing chart, so we recommend that you bring the following:
- Laptop (1 per business) with Microsoft Excel installed
- Paddock book or similar which shows stock locations over the last 3 months if possible.
We will provide you with some simple planning software prior to the clinic to use, and you’ll get started with a grazing plan and grazing monitoring all in one simple go.
Early bird price (fully paid by 19 July 2019): $850
Standard price (paid after 19 July 2019): $1250
How to register
Download and complete the registration form, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full payment is required to confirm your registration.
If you have any questions regarding the clinic, please contact RCS using the details below.
Phone: 07 4939 5255