- This event has passed.
RCS Pasture to Pocket – Sale, Vic
October 9 - October 11
The Pasture to Pocket Workshop is a 2.5 day workshop involving a mix of “in room” theory discussions as well as a field trip focusing on applying the principles and tools discussed.
This program links property development, grazing management and pastures, with animal nutrition and reproduction, taking into account our climate variability and learning how to use available water as effectively as possible while building healthy, productive soils, pastures and business.
• Learn how an understanding of basic ecology determines your profitability
• Link the soil – plant – animal interface
• Learn about the water, mineral and energy flow cycles; and
• Learn how livestock can be used to improve ecosystem processes
• Learn about property development and prioritising development options
• Learn about catchment planning – how to plan and develop your property for maximum efficiency and returns
• Compare natural resource monitoring systems
• Link nutrition with reproductive performance
• Discuss the Wiltbank Principles and timing of mating to optimize breeder performance
• Learn how to improve the gross margin in your breeding enterprise
• Learn how to lift carrying capacity WITHOUT seed, fertilizer, machinery or chemicals
• Discuss the concept of overgrazing and understocking
• Explore different methods to match stocking rate with carrying capacity more effectively
• Explore a number of grazing management regimes that links nutrition and reproduction with grazing management
• Discover how to structure profit into your business
• Apply the three secrets for improving profit and eliminate deadwood from your operation
• Discuss animal requirements for water, energy, degradable and bypass protein, minerals and vitamins
• Learn how to diagnose when to feed supplements, what to feed, how to feed and how much to feed stock at different times of year
Early Bird price – $850 per person (register and pay in full by 9 September, 2019).
Standard price – $1250 per person (register/paid after 9 September, 2019).
This price include lunches, morning and afternoon tea.
The RCS Pasture to Pocket Workshop is GST free.
To secure your place, please complete and return the registration form (link above) or contact the RCS Office directly with your payment details ready.
Phone: 1800 356 004