DistrictLink is a small, on-farm workshop that gathers together like-minded local producers to build and refine grazing and land management skills with the on-demand support of a professional RCS facilitator.
This workshop is structured as an open forum that offers the chance to convert knowledge gained at the RCS Graizing Clinc or GrazingforProfit® School into skills you can apply in your business.
DistrictLink focuses on:
✔ The first four Grazing Principles
✔ Pasture budgeting
✔ Matching stocking rate to carrying capacity
✔ Your topics – what is most important to your business right now?
By mastering the RCS Grazing Principles, you’ll get the most out of your land, livestock and business. And this will also be an opportunity to meet others in your region and form valuable networks.
Please note, completing the RCS Grazing Clinic or GrazingforProfit® School is a pre-requisite to participate in DistrictLink.
What to bring
At this workshop, you’ll be working on your own grazing chart. So, if you have yet to input the following information into the Graze Period Calculator or Grazing Chart, you’ll need to bring it with you:
- Paddock names and areas
- Stock numbers and classes
- Paddock book or similar which shows stock locations over the last 3 months
You’ll also need to bring your own laptop with Microsoft Excel installed and your RCS Grazing Clinic or GrazingforProfit® manual.
Lastly, it is also BYO for lunch and a chair.
Standard price: $500 per business (up to 4 attendees per business)
How to register
To register, please click on the ‘Register Now’ button on this page and follow the prompts.
- If you are not logged into an RCS Global Learning Hub account, an account creation page will appear first. Please either login or create an account.
- The check-out page will appear after you’ve created or logged into your account. Please enter your credit card details to secure a place.
- Once you’ve enrolled, please complete the online preparation materials on the following screen, including the second form that asks for the names of others attending from your business, your dietary requirements and other essential details.
If you have any questions regarding the workshop, please contact RCS using the details below.
Phone: 07 4939 5255