RCS Business Fundamentals Workshop – Inverell, NSW
September 24 @ 8:00 am - September 26 @ 5:00 pm AEST
Do you dread the thought of a day in the office? Does the bookwork leave you feeling frustrated because you know you could be more effective, but not sure how?
You’re not alone. Most people on the land would rather be doing the good stuff – getting out in the paddock or spending their precious time with family. But the bookwork won’t do itself…
This is why we’ve developed the RCS Business Fundamentals Workshop. This three-day workshop will give you a solid handle on all the necessary business stuff while showing you how to become more proficient, organised and effective, so you can spend less time in the office and more on the things that make you happy.
The workshop covers four key areas:
Education about the basic business principles. Learn about:
- The four types of money
- How to read a balance sheet
- How to understand a profit and loss statement
- Understanding a stock/crop flow
- How to connect what happens in the paddock with what happens in the office
- The RCS 3 Secrets of Profit
- The critical difference between taxation and management accounting
- Cashflow analysis and economic analysis
- The key profit drivers / key performance indicators to know and use.
Giving you an awareness of what’s out there:
- Can you go paperless (or less paper)?
- How set up ‘one-touch’ mail handling
- Stress Free Office Management (SFOM)
- What to file and how
- Setting up folders on your computer
- What software options are available
3. WITB (Working In The Business)
Doing it all:
- Data entry without going mad
- Record keeping – what and how
3. WOTB (Working On The Business)
Using it to make decisions:
- Doing your own budget
- Doing another budget scenario that would increase profit
- Using a budget to actual report
- Gross margin /enterprise analysis
- Benchmarking and KPIs
- Reforecasting throughout the year
- Risk analysis
This workshop will give you practical, actionable steps you can take to enable more effective use of your office time and quicker, more confident decision-making, so you can spend more time doing whatever it is that you love – quality time with family, being out in the paddock or maybe contributing to your community. What will you do with your new-found freedom?
What you’ll receive:
- A comprehensive course manual
- Expert tuition from a leading farm business analyst and trainer, an experienced accountant, and knowledgeable coaches
- Electronic templates and calculators
- Access to office management tools
- All lunches, morning and afternoon teas
Using your own information, you’ll begin implementing what you learn straight away – no waiting until you get home to put new processes in place. You’ll also complete your own draft budget for the 2019/20 financial year during the workshop.
Suitable for all skill and confidence levels.
To really cement the connection between production and profit in your business, this workshop is best attended by the people who are responsible for the outside stuff, as well as the inside stuff.
About the trainer:
David McLean understands your business inside-out. Starting his journey with RCS many years ago as a client, his time in the trenches has given him extensive knowledge of ecology, production systems and business management.
Through working with many farm businesses, including some of the country’s top performers, David knows what office systems will work best for any situation. He is highly skilled in farm business analysis and financial literacy, and provides a refreshing combination of on-the-ground experience and technical knowledge. David has the special ability to deliver complex information in an engaging and easy-to-understand way.
Additionally, our expert farm business coaches will be in attendance and numbers require, to ensure all participants get the attention they deserve.
Places are strictly limited to ensure adequate support for participants, so we suggest registering soon to avoid disappointment. Complete the registration form (download below) and return it to email@example.com, or call RCS on 1800 356 004 with your details ready.